Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Fall Is Coming!

Even though it's only August and there is still a good bit of summer left, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pretty excited for fall to come. Besides summer, fall is my favorite season! There's just something about the changing of the leaves, the good food, and cozy atmosphere of fall that I can't resist. So I decided to share with all of you my top reasons why I'm excited for fall! (I'm just a little too excited if you haven't noticed.)

#1: Everything is apple or pumpkin flavored.
Apple pie, apple doughnuts, apple butter, apple cider, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin spiced lattes....the list is endless! I love anything apple or pumpkin flavored any time of the year, so when it comes time for fall I'm ready to devour some good food! There is a place about an hour from me called Apple Castle that has everything apple that you can ever imagine. It's amazing.



#2: Fall just smells good.
This kind of ties into my first reason because many of the "fall scents" for candles and whatnot are apple and pumpkin scents. Bath and Body Works has AMAZING fall scents and I may have already started stocking up ;). My favorite one by far is "Leaves", which is described as "golden nectar, juicy mandarin and red apples are spiced with cinnamon and harvest berries." Yes please.


#3: The leaves change colors.
Nothing makes me happier than when the leaves begin to change. I love looking out my window and seeing all of the pretty purple, red, orange, and yellow trees. I know some states aren't able to really experience this because of the weather, so take my word if you can't: it's beautiful.

#4: It's cozy.
I love a perfect fall day where the sun is shining, there is a slight wind blowing, and the temperature is slightly chilly but not cold like winter. It's cold enough to wear a cute sweater/light scarf instead of bundling up like you're about to make a trek across the arctic. Also, all of the "fall colors," which are essentially the colors the leaves turn, are warm, making the season even cozier!

#5: Haunted houses and Thanksgiving.
Who doesn't love going to a good haunted house around Halloween? Also, Thanksgiving is during the fall, and everyone loves Thanksgiving and all the good food that goes along with it! Other things such as pumpkin picking and hay rides are perfect fall activities!

Needless to say, I can't wait until fall is in full swing and I can enjoy all of these things!
What's your favorite season? 

No comments:

Post a Comment