Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

So, I Joined Weight Watchers: Week 1 Recap

Hey guys! I know it has been forever since I've blogged, but this summer has been absolutely crazy! So if you all remember a post I had written at the beginning of the summer, I had talked about how I needed to lose weight and that this summer was going to be the summer that I made my "transformation."

Well, that didn't completely happen.

I've been struggling to lose weight more than ever. Not due to my lack of exercise, but due to my poorly developed eating habits. Basically, this past spring semester I started eating really bad and just never got out of that rut. While I did lose roughly 6-7 pounds this summer up until last week, I knew that I could have done so much more if only I had been eating right this whole time. 

So last Friday morning I woke up, said enough is enough, and decided to join Weight Watchers.

It was a very "spur of the moment" kind of thing, but it needed to be done. So my first official day of counting points was Saturday, and I was super excited to start! But already on Day 1, I had to face my first challenge: eating healthy while eating out.

I had planned a shopping day with two of my friends and for dinner, we went to Primanti Bros., a Pittsburgh-based restaurant. Unfortunately for me, there is no information for that restaurant on Weight Watchers or online anywhere. So I had to use my best judgment on what to eat. If you're not from the Pittsburgh area or have never been here, Primanti Bros. is famous for their sandwiches. A typical Pittsburgh style sandwich consists of meat, coleslaw, and fries all between two buns. Yeah, not so healthy. (Sidenote: I guess it's a Pittsburgh thing to put fries on top of everything - we even put them on salads here! Some people from other areas think that's really weird.

Fortunately for me, I don't like coleslaw, so that saved me some points there. I also got the most simplistic sandwich they have: bacon and cheese. It was a hard meal to track because I just tracked each item separately, so I wasn't even sure how accurate the points ended up being. But I thought I handled my first challenge well!

The rest of the week was much easier with eating at home. I packed my meals for my breaks at work and also planned ahead on what I would be eating each day. I found that I when I got hungry but didn't want to waste points, fruit was the best option. Throughout the whole week, I used my points and never touched the extra weekly points given. I did, however, use some of my activity points on days that I had ran because I find that I get hungrier on those days. But I still ended the week with over 10 activity points untouched!

My first weigh in was today. I was super nervous about what the outcome would be. I started out at 161 pounds (roughly, though. My body was fluctuating between 161 and 163 last week).  I got on the scale this morning and it said........158.5!!! 

I was, and still am, SO HAPPY! I am officially 10 pounds down this whole summer, losing 2.5 pounds in the past week. Weight Watchers says that the program is designed for you to lose a half pound to 2 pounds per week, so I'm glad that I was even over the max of that range! Also, it feels so good to be back in the 150's. I had never been in the 160's before in my life until this past 6-8 months. It feels good to break that barrier and know that I'm on the track to becoming an even better version of my old self!

Stay tuned for many new Weight Watchers recipes! Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask away :)

No comments:

Post a Comment