Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pink Lemonade Funfetti Cupcakes!

Hey guys! Once again, sorry for the lack of blogging. I was on spring break this past week and I enjoyed every last second of doing nothing! Midterms the week before were HORRIBLE and so I needed a week to just relax. 

Of course, when I'm home I always have to bake. I am such a foodie! I made pink lemonade funfetti cupcakes, which are AMAZING! They're actually healthy too and under 100 calories per cupcake! 
I found the original recipe on SkinnyTaste, click here to see it :) 

So I make mine slightly different than the recipe calls for, but I just omit a food coloring and lemon zest so I'm assuming the nutrition information given for the original recipe is about the same for mine.


Ingredients:

  • 18.25 oz box confetti cake mix
  • 2 1/2 tsp powdered sugar-free pink lemonade mix
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • lemon zest from half of a lemon
  • 2 drop pink food coloring, optional
  • confetti sprinkles, optional

Directions:
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line cupcake tins with liners (this typically makes 24 cupcakes).
  • Stir powdered lemonade mix and water together.
  • Combine this mixture with the cake mix, vegetable oil, applesauce, lemon zest, and food coloring. 
  • Pour the batter into the cupcake tins. Add sprinkles.
  • Bake for 22 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the center of the cupcake and comes out clean.
  • Cool then serve!



Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment