Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Getting Fit & Healthy!

Hey guys! Sorry for the major lack of posts. This semester is kicking my butt! In my first post, I talked about how this year my goal was to get fit. Since then, I really haven't done much to help with that. Being at college and trying to eat healthy is so hard and my lack of exercise combined with my bad eating habits has really been catching up to me.


I went home for the weekend last weekend and weighed myself. Seeing that number was motivation enough to get me to change my bad habits, again. I hadn't gone to the gym since probably early November and wasn't even being consistent with it like I had freshman year. Plus, I had been eating everything that I shouldn't eat. So this number was understandable, but I was definitely going to do something about it. 



So today I decided to start working out about 5-6 days a week again. I went to the gym to run on the treadmill (which I hate! Outside is so much better, but it's only about 20 degrees here and I despise the cold), which was my first time running in about 3 months. Never again will I stop running for that long! I feel so out of shape, but I did run about 2 miles and walked 0.73 mile, so I got some decent cardio in. But let me tell you, it was so much harder than it was when I was in great shape! So that is even more motivation to go to the gym a lot more!

I'm about to go do some abs/arm workouts once I'm done with this, but I just wanted to let you guys know that I'll probably be blogging about weight loss/getting fit as well as eating healthy quite a bit! I've come across some great healthy recipes that are no-cook, which is awesome since I don't have a kitchen here at college. So when I try some, I'll be sure to share!


Also, if you guys have any great workout tips or healthy recipes, be sure to share! I'd love to find more! :) 

Pinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment