Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

10 Beauty Products I'm Currently Loving


As a girl, I love buying and finding new beauty products. There have been several products I've been loving lately, so I figured I'd share them with you all!



1. Olay Luscious Embrace Body Lotion
This body lotion has it all. It is very moisturizing, which is vital to me during the winter since my skin gets very dry. Also, I'm obsessed with the scent! I'm really bad at describing scents, but I'd say to me it smells like a sweet floral scent, but it isn't overpowering. I love this stuff so much that I also have the body wash, so I smell extra good! ;) You can find this product at drugstores and it retails for about $4.47, depending on where you buy it.


2. Dove Style+Care Strength&Shine Flexible Hold Hairspray
Finding a good hairspray always seems to be a struggle for me. I don't like hairspray that makes my hair feel or look crispy, but I also need a hairspray that keeps my hair in place. This hairspray has a flexible hold, so it holds my hair but doesn't give it that "crispy" look. Also, this product smells really good! There is just something about the scent of Dove's hair products. This product can be found at drugstores and retails for about $3.94.

3. It's a 10 Miracle Leave-in for Blondes
As a natural blonde, my hair color can tend to get a brassy look to it. This product helps to tone my hair color to keep it from getting that brassy color. In addition to toning hair color, the product does 9 other things (hence the reason the brand name is "It's a 10"). It:
  1. enhances brilliance
  2. reduces fading/extends vibrancy
  3. adds shine & restores moisture
  4. restores elasticity & strength
  5. detangles and defrizzes 
  6. seals the cuticle
  7. thermal protector
  8. UV protectant
  9. designed for all blondes
This product is really a miracle product. I use it about 2-3 times a week and it leaves my hair feeling/looking soft and healthy. I purchased this product from my local hair salon, but you can purchase it online or at other hair salons. It retails for around $12-$13, depending on where you buy it.

4. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes - Night Calming
If I'm feeling really tired at night and am too lazy to wash my face completely, these cleansing towelettes are my go-to. These get pretty much all of my makeup off, are safe to use for removing eye makeup, and have a nice calming scent. They can even be used to take off waterproof mascara! These can be purchased at drugstores and retail for about $6-$7.

5. Aveeno Smart Essentials Nighttime Moisture Infusion
I've never been one to use a nighttime moisturizer, but I started noticing that I would wake up in the morning and my skin would just look gross, even if I washed it the night before. So I decided to pick this product up at the drugstore one day, and I am so glad I did! This moisturizer makes such a difference in my skin's appearance. This is a thicker cream but it is SO moisturizing and leaves my skin looking glowy, even when I wake up the next morning. I tend to have oily skin and was worried about this making my skin even worse, but it doesn't cause it to be oily. My face looks fresh when I wake up the next morning and this has become such a staple in my nighttime routine. You can purchase this product at the drugstore and it retails for about $12-$13.

6. Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector
As someone who struggled with acne growing up, I used to rely on heavy foundations to cover up all of my acne and scars. However, in the past two years my skin has cleared up and I rarely ever breakout anymore,  I don't feel the need to use foundation. My skin still has slight discolorations and acne scars, but since this product is more of a tinted moisturizer, it evens all of that out. It also leaves my skin looking glowy and fresh. I use this everyday and my skin looks flawless! A little goes a long way with this, so it will definitely last you quite some time. You can buy this product at drugstores and it retails for about $11.

7.  Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Radiant
I like my skin to look glowing and radiant, and this highlighter definitely helps me to achieve that. I place a little bit of this right at the top of my cheek bones. It adds just a little something extra to my face but makes such a difference! This product can be found at drugstores and retails for about $6.

8. Tarte Emphaseyes Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner in Black
In the past, I've had problems with my eyeliner fading throughout the day. However, this product stays on all day long. I use this to line right where my eyelashes meet my eyelid and it makes my eyes (which are pretty small!) look bigger and also helps to make my lashes look more voluminous. This product can be found at Sephora or Ulta and it retails for $22.

9. Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach Kiss
I'll admit it, I am a total lip balm junkie. I probably own about 15 lip balms more than I should, but I am addicted to buying more! I'm not the biggest fan of lip gloss or lipstick, but sometimes I want my lips to have a tint of color. This product offers slight color and is OH SO MOISTURIZING, AH! I can't rave enough about these lip balms. The one in Peach Kiss looks amazing on me in the summer when my skin is tan, but it works for all year round too! You can buy these in drugstores and they retail for about $4.

10. Blistex Simple and Sensitive
This lip balm saved my lips from the dryness and miserableness of Chapped Lips Land. (I'm lame sometimes, I know.) But seriously, I bought this when my lips were super chapped and in just a few days they were back to normal! It is very moisturizing and my new favorite lip balm. You can buy this at drugstores and it retails for about $2.


So those are my current favorite beauty products! I hope this was kind of helpful if any of you were thinking about trying any of these products. Let me know if you would like to see more posts like this!

1 comment: