Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Hi There!

So this is my first official blog post on this blog! How exciting. I had created a blog before on Wordpress, but I never stuck with it so I figured I would start completely new and fresh!

To start off, I just want to say that I have no idea what my exact point of this blog is. I'm sure it will be a mixture of many different things such as talking about different products I like, fitness, cooking and baking, and just my life in general. I just enjoy writing and think that blogging (and sticking to it!) will be very therapeutic!

Since we are a little over a week into the new year, I think it would be a little bit appropriate to list some goals I have set for myself. Notice how I called them goals and not resolutions. I'm not one to make new year's resolutions, mainly because I set goals for myself throughout the year and when I feel I need to make a change in my life. This just happens to be a time for change!

Goal #1: Take the time to read more.
For as long as I can remember, I have been such a bookworm. I love reading many different types of books,  with some of my favorites being The Pact by Jodi Picoult and The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks.
Fun fact: I have read 16 out of the 17 books Nicholas Sparks has read. The only one I haven't read is the one he wrote with his brother. 
Since I am in college and am busy most of the time, I don't take much time to read when I'm at school. So my goal is to allow myself more free time to read. Ideally, I would like to read 30 books in 2013. I've already read two so far!

Goal #2: Create a fitness routine and stick to it.
One of the goals I accomplished in 2012 was becoming a runner. Most of my life, I despised running more than anything else on the face of the earth. I thought it was miserable and while I knew it was great exercise, I would avoid it like the plague. But in May 2012, I decided to take on the challenge of getting into running. By the end of summer, I ran four 5K races, with my best time being 30:32. I was so proud of myself because I had improved a lot from the beginning of the summer and would go for a run 4-6 times a week.

I even lost about 10 pounds of fat during this time, while gaining much leg muscle. However, when I went back to college for the fall semester, I put running on the back burner. So my goal is to not only begin running on a regular basis again, but also to combine abs and upper body workouts into my routine.

Goal #3: Learn how to relax and live in the moment.
Towards the end of 2012, I began to realize that I have anxiety. While I know everyone has mild anxiety on some level, mine wasn't just a small problem. I had my first panic attack due to it and have realized how much of an issue it is becoming in my life. I worry way too much and get very anxious very quickly. To try and deal with this, I want to find methods that will help me to relax and stay calm. I want to try doing yoga because I've heard that this is a great way to deal with anxiety. Also, I just need to learn to live in the moment. For example, if I do something fun one day but have something I need to get done the next day, no matter how small, I constantly stress and worry about it. I want to stop doing that so I can just enjoy the here and now.

So those are some of my goals for the time being. I know this post wasn't too exciting, but I have a few fun ones planned for the near future!

Something I want to do is end every post with an inspirational saying, because I sometimes lack positivity and just want to end things on a good note!
 Never too late

No comments:

Post a Comment