Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Summer Goals

In two days, I will officially be done with my sophomore year of college.

what?


I can't believe another school year has flown by! I know everyone says this every year, but this year seriously went so fast. I feel like I just moved in. Crazy!

So since I don't have to worry about school for 4 months, I want to focus on accomplishing a few things this summer!





Get in shape, lose weight. Last summer I lost 15 pounds just by simply running. I didn't work out my abs, arms, anything else. I also didn't eat as healthy as I could have. This school year, I gained all that weight back and then some, so I really need to kick it into gear this summer. I want to work out ALL of my body and eat healthy -- and stick with it. Overall, I would like to lose 25 pounds this summer. While this may seem like a lot, I know I can do it if I work hard enough. 

Run a 10k. I only started to get into running last summer and ran a total of four 5ks. This summer, I want to challenge myself by training to run a 10k that is in August. Running longer distance will be interesting and hard at times. But training for a 10k will also help me accomplish my first goal!

Run a 5k in under 30 minutes. As a newer runner, I'm not that fast. My best 5k time last summer was 30:31, so my goal for this summer is to get a time under 30 minutes. It will definitely be possible considering I started out running 35 minute 5ks last summer and shaved it down about four minutes in just three months. 

Start to write, a lot. This goal kind of covers two things I want to do. One, I want to devote a lot of time to this blog over the summer and develop it a lot more. Two, one of my life goals is to write a book. I've always loved to write, especially when I was little! I think it would be so cool to write something and even get it published. So this summer, I want to start brainstorming ideas for stories and start to actually write something.  

Find a new passion. I've recently been going through what I would like to call my "fifth-life crisis." I'm 20, so obviously it's not a mid-life crisis ;). But I've just realized that I'm not completely sure what I want to do with my life and if where I am at is okay. I'm so interested in doing many things, so I feel like now is the time to do them all! So this summer I'm going to start trying new things and maybe even find a new passion.

Travel somewhere new. Almost every summer, my family and I go to Cape May, New Jersey. This summer we are either going somewhere different or not going on vacation at all. I want to travel somewhere I've never been before, whether it is with my family, friends, or boyfriend!

Find confidence. I probably have one of the worst self-esteems ever and I don't want to live my life like that anymore. I want to gain confidence this summer, and I feel as if a lot of my goals will actually help me reach this.

So that's all I can think of for now! I'm sure throughout the summer I'll add other little goals as I think of them!

What are your goals for the summer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment